The mission of Sciences Technology Services (STS) is to support and enhance information technology within the College of Sciences. Our goal is to provide a productive and secure environment for academic computing consistent with the standards established by the college and the university.
The major responsibilities of STS consist of, but are not limited to:
- Develop policies and procedures that define appropriate interactions with, and use of, the college’s computing resources and infrastructure.
- Ensure that the college’s computing infrastructure will meet anticipated future needs by recommending necessary improvements before performance degradation occurs.
- Facilitate computing system hardware and software, data communications, and electronic information exchange between the college and other organizations.
- Administer the college’s Linux, MacOS and Windows computing platforms.
- Assess the availability and suitability of computer hardware and software, with special emphasis on integration into the current college infrastructure as specified by established policies.
- Assist faculty and staff with computer hardware or software problems and answer questions on the use of computer hardware or software.
- Maintain and repair (when possible) the college’s diverse array of computer and electronic equipment.
- Oversee the college’s compliance with CSU security and ATI requirements.